JVC dude

It probably is the right hand spool brake not working effectively.
this can be confirmed by looking at the tape as it rewinds and hits the end
(probably quite literally) since the brakes can't stop the tape in the last
6" of clear leader tape. if the pad is still floating around, alittle glue
(rubbery type- bostik...)may glue it back in position.
AW

"Reid Fleming" wrote in message
.. .

I have an old JVC JR-DX22U VHS deck that plays OK, but won't rewind
or eject without leaving a little bit of the tape (~6") out of the
cassette and chewing on it a little bit. Seems a shame to pitch
it, anybody know how I could fix this problem?

Please post as opposed to email. Thanks.