Mark Rand

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:57:48 -0700, Koz
wrote:

snip

As to Don's comment about being held at the border trying to explain,
been there...done that. There is a NAFTA booklet (about 40 pages IIRC)
that is downloadable from the Canadian Government that explains what you
can and cannot get away with in terms of going to Canada. I suggest you
try and find it (sorry, no time to find a link right now) and adjust
what you tell customs to match those requirements. Often it's a matter
of semantics for the border people. Simply using the wrong word sends
up a red flag that costs you hours in customs.

Koz

You mean like the time I was asked if I had more than US$1000 on me when
arriving at Delhi Airport in the mid '80s? I said no, This was a correct
answer to the question. I didn't mention the UK£2000 worth of travellers
cheques!

Mark Rand
RTFM