Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
(Oliver Brearley) writes:

Just a thought on all this certification paperwork. ..... But what if
you do come to sell your house in, say, 5 yrs time. The boiler/CH has
worked fine for the last 5 yrs so has everything else you've installed
or overseen installation of, and you do not have some 'magical'
paperwork. The couple come to look around your house, they're of
course very impressed with all the improvements you've carried out.
Then they ask for the paperwork for .... the boiler install. What are
you going to say? "Lost it" springs to mind. The same couple would
most likely be checking ....

o Gas hob installation cert via a corgi guy
o Windows were installed by a Fensa company cert
- Or if you installed it, a council building permission cert
o Electrical safety check cert. (If that gets the go ahead)

... at the sametime.

IMHO all this certification is going mad, (Gas install via a corgi guy

It looks like solicitors and mortgage lenders seem to agree
with you. A number of my collegues have moved in the last year,
and none were asked for such things. One letter I saw just asked
for details of any structural alterations and changes to underground
sewers/drains, and I think the others had something similar.
That seems quite reasonable. A year earlier and all sorts of
questions were being asked -- maybe it was just leading to sales
falling through for no good reason or maybe they're only interested
if you are borrowing near 100% so issues with any of these coming
up later if you default might mean they don't get all their money
back.

Has anyone here been asked to produce their hot water cylinder
certificate when they moved house in the last year?

--
Andrew Gabriel