J. Clarke

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Does the new method make them inferior in some way?

Yes, the inside of the socket is different and affects the epth it can
use.

Odd. All of mine seem to be relieved to the full depth of the socket--the
only thing that's going to restrict the depth is the drive itself.

So you are basing your views on the performance of current production vs
old
production on examing tools in a store? You've not used the current
production and found them lacking?

I have a couple of the combination wrenches. I used them. They are
lacking. They are not as good as my old ones.

But what was the nature of the lack?

Since you seem intent on finding all the details, go buy a couple of the
new
tools and then stop by my house. I'll get out my original 40 year old
Craftsman toolbox, all the tools (most of them) I still have from the
original set and well try them out, one by one. You can then decide from
your own experience which set is better. I have a couple of things to do
on
my car so we can give them an honest workout. Is Saturday OK for you?

Where are you located? Might take you up on that if it's not too far. You
drink beer?

Ed

--
--John