Pete Bergstrom

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:45:00 GMT, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:
All the politically expedient protectionism in all its forms hampers
an orderly revaluation of the USD, which would make US exports easier
and more lucrative and imports less attractive.

Guess I've been told! You would know, having done it in both
directions. The guy at Vancouver actually told me they wanted to keep
money in Canada. I didn't make that up. Maybe I just had an unusual
experience. I've sure seen some horror shows in US
customs/immigration with visitors being treated so badly I wished I
could intervene on their behalf. That was in Boston. Made me want to
pretend I was a Canadian!

I also had a small grilling from the customs officer when traveling into
Vancouver, for the same large US-based company, although on an entirely
different business matter.

However, before the trip I got plenty of coaching from people at work about
precisely what answers to give to certain questions, and I'm certain that
short-circuited much of the possible trouble. This was probably well after
Don's trip, and I'm glad to finally find out where the hard-won experience
came from.

THANKS, DON!

Pete