Bob Shuman

Default JVC VHS deck won't rewind/eject tape without chewing on it a little

I fixed my Hitachi VCR that had similar symptoms about 2 years back. It
turned out to be a rewind "brake" that consisted of a small Mylar belt that
had a small felt pad attached to it. The pad had started coming off the
Mylar. I was able to re-glue it and the unit functioned normally. Once this
was determined to be the problem I ordered the replacement part from an
authorized Hitachi parts depot, but have never installed it since the
re-attached pad seems to be holding up well.

Good luck

Bob

"Reid Fleming" wrote in message
.. .

I have an old JVC JR-DX22U VHS deck that plays OK, but won't rewind
or eject without leaving a little bit of the tape (~6") out of the
cassette and chewing on it a little bit. Seems a shame to pitch
it, anybody know how I could fix this problem?

Please post as opposed to email. Thanks.