Larry Green

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:21:38 -0700, "Footy" wrote:

I think the problem is with the Canadian government, not UPS. Why don't you
try to fix the problems in your own country before complaining about
another?

When a transportation company tries to charge $35.00 service charge on
a parcel clearly detailed as being a "manufacturers sample for
evaluation - no commercial value" the problem lies in the brown truck
- not in Ottawa.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

'Big Brown' has long been known as a 'gouger' when it comes to brokerage
fees. Whenever I have to order stuff from the States I insist it comes
via US Mail and not UPS or FedEx (FedEx are just as bad but they send
you a bill 2 months later!)

Canada Post charges a flat rate per parcel for brokerage (around 5 bux
IIRC) over a certain value. In fact, my last parcel was a gift from a
friend (and marked as such) and I paid no duty, taxes or brokerage fees
on that one.

If you have a Customs office in London you can do your own brokerage and
if you tell UPS you do your own paperwork they do not charge their 'rip
off' fees, BUT, you do have to collect the parcel from their depot.
Unfortunately that doesn't work for me as my nearest depot is in Windsor
and they insist on the brokerage fee as it is done at the border.

--
Larry Green