IMM

Default Barn conversion - how deep should the footings be.....?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:35:08 +0000, Simon Hawthorne
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:25:45 -0000, "Nick Finnigan"
wrote:

Talk to a local BCO I think, and ask them whether
you have to insulate the habitable areas as well.

Hi Nick
I'd planned to do just that - using some sort of insulated
plasterboard - once the structure was fixed (roof included) - and
electric, water and gas had been bought in. I keep hearing people
talk about Celotex - am I correct in thinking this could be used to
line the brick walls.....?
Si

Have a look on their web site, Simon.

There are some application notes which describe the different
scenarios of use and exactly which material and the fixing method.

I used some with timber studding to line my single brick workshop as
well as to insulate the roof. The results in terms of heat
requirement are exactly as calculated.

This is a BCO discussion though, because there may be specific
construction and ventilation requirements.

Best use a timber frame and spray-in Warmcell insulation. far better.

http://www.warmcel.com

---