J. Clarke

Philip Lewis wrote:

otforme (Charlie Self) writes:
Lee Gordon writes:
eBay generally has hundreds (at least) of used laptops, some over-priced
but
many pretty reasonable. Last year I needed a cheap laptop for off-site

Or close to sufficiently cheap. I'll check it out, and thanks.

I'll second ebay...
I managed to pick up a PIII-400 4.3 gig dell latitude for $300.
I already had an identical system (except hd = 20gig) and wanted a
backup.

I decided to install netbsd on it and it's become my primary machine.

I just wish i could get my card reader to read my CF cards.

I'll third it. The Thinkpad 770 that I got off ebay many years ago is now
starting college. Just read all the fine print very carefully, check the
seller's feedback before you bid, and plan on 200 bucks or so for a new
battery--you may not need it in which case you're 200 bucks to the good,
but that's not the way to bet.

Good luck charlie!

--
--John