Jim Stewart

Don Foreman wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:45:00 GMT, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

AFAIUI, they also penalize exports by requiring all packages to be
physically handed to a post-office clerk. UPS comes to the door and
picks the packages up.

Right. With USPS the mailer must personally present the parcel along
with the little green customs sticker. Digi-Key will ship USPS
domestically. Since I'm in MN, ordinarly USPS usually arrives 2d day
and it's always considerably less $ than UPS. Digi-Key charges actual
shipping cost rather than marking up "shipping" as well as goods.

Many companies calculate "shipping" as the cost
to ship to you plus the cost to have the raw
goods shipped to them.

We do it and it might appear to be a bit of a ripoff,
but it allows us to understand our costs a little
better and not have to fold shipping into our cost
of goods.