J. Clarke

Larry Blanchard wrote:

In article ,
otforme says...
Han asks:

Why do you want a laptop anyway? If you get a small desktop, ...

You're kidding, right? I go to a spot to shoot photos and set up a
desktop computer to review them there?

Charlie, do you remember the "lunchbox" computers? Nobody sells them
anymore,

Whaddaya _mean_ "nobody sells them anymore"?
http://store.jinco4me.com/luboxco.html

If you DAGS "lunchbox computer case" you'll find a lot more. Trouble is
they're specialized equipment and thus quite pricey. You can get a damned
good laptop for the price of the case alone.

but at least a couple of years ago you could buy a case with
the (small) CRT and build your own. I don't know about battery-powered,
but with a converter you could plug it in to your car/truck lighter.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)