IMM

Default Barn conversion - how deep should the footings be.....?

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:25:45 -0000, "Nick Finnigan"
wrote:

Talk to a local BCO I think, and ask them whether
you have to insulate the habitable areas as well.

Hi Nick
I'd planned to do just that - using some sort of insulated
plasterboard - once the structure was fixed (roof included) - and
electric, water and gas had been bought in. I keep hearing people
talk about Celotex - am I correct in thinking this could be used to
line the brick walls.....?

Yes. A barn is a large and expensive area to heat. You have the advantage
of being able to have thick walls without any hindrance to the living area,
and pack in insulation. Insert studs and have plasterboard over and pack
between the studs and wall the insulation.

---