Vincent Poy

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

. How do I get to the front panel and do I
need to replace the switch or do I just have to clean it?

Cheers,
Vince

I think I'd remove the front panel, and unplug the fold-down panel
with the buttons (if I recall correctly). If the remote functions
normally at that time, I think the problem has been narrowed down
quite a bit.

Mark Z.

Okay, I was able to remove the front panel and then took the three screws
off the circuit board that was behind the front power, tv/video, eject
buttons just so if there was anything stuck between the physical button and
the circuit board, it'll fall out. I put the three screws back on and now
when I power the VCR with the remote, it no longer requires pressing
tv/video before the vcr will respond to the remote. One thing I'm trying
to figure out is while I found out how to unplug the fold-down panel with
the buttons, how do detach the fold-down panel from the front panel so I
can get to the buttons of the fold-down panel? Thanks.

Cheers,
Vince