Mark Begbie

"G&M" wrote in message ...
"Andrew" wrote in message
om...
Looking through this group. It seems there is always someone asking
about combi boilers and more......

Someone said that I need to get building regs invovled if I'm
replacing my current hot water tank and boiler

If this really needed ?

Afraid so. New installations must meet part L requirements for heat
conservation.

Also gas and oil boilers are controlled items anyway and so have always been
under BCO control.

I am in a similar position myself at the moment, scoping out a new
combi system for self install. From what I have read about the
building regs, my understanding is that they basically mean:

o TRVs for all but one rad / room
o Roomstat in the final location to switch boiler on and off and
minimise
short cycling
o Boiler has to meet minimum efficiency value

Is there anything else "significant" in there?

Cheers,

Mark