"mike. buckley" wrote in message . uk...

We're just in the stages of ordering our conservatory. We've decided on
2 manual vents in the roof, but they've quoted us 350 quid each :-o
This is against a fairly cheap quote of 8k for all the rest of the work
(includes demolition of existing ****e extension and french doors in the
lounge). Anybody know if this is a reasonable figure (the roof vents,
not the overall quote)?

We've just had a conservatory built and when I asked the saleswoman
about roof vents she advised us against them. All our window units
open though so that provides enough ventilation to cool it down. With
all the windows and doors shut I've had temperature build up to 46
degrees C in the afternoon.