Vincent Poy

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

do I need
to bring in the remote or can they service it by making it work again
from the buttons on the VCR?

Cheers,
Vince

Should be enough just to take in the vcr. Seems as if the remote
signal is passing through the key matrix. Unusual, but I've seen it
before. Wouldn't hurt to bring the remote in with it for testing,
though.

Mark Z.

Today, I lifted the VCR and now it's back to doing Play + FFW again. I was
wrong about hitting channel +/- before the remote can talk to the VCR but
rather it's the TV/Video button. It seems like if I press the TV/Video
button a few times while the VCR is on or off then I can turn the VCR on
with the remote and then it'll respond fine. The TV/Video and Eject
buttons are not part of the fold down panel. On another subject, if the
Audio Control Head on another VCR is not aligned correctly, could that
prevent this VCR from even erasing and re-recording over a tape that was
recorded on another VCR?

Cheers,
Vince