On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:29:31 +1000, "Deceptor"
wrote:

Hi all, new in here. A friend gave me a cordless Panasonic telephone without
the power source. I picked up
one at a charity shop for $2 and I am hoping it will be OK to use with it.
It was given to me because a couple
of the dial out buttons misbehave a bit. (especially the common two required
for dialing out local calls)
I thought it would be a good idea to take out in the backyard whilst
relaxing having a few beers to receive calls
to save me running into the house to answer calls.
The sticker on the bottom of the phone requires:
Power Source 12V 150mA AC Adapter
The one I bought is: 12V 300mA AC Adapter
Plus the sticker says "Use only with Panasonic AC Adapter" which I'm sure
would be a ploy just to buy
an expensive Panasonic replacement part.
I am assuming it will be OK to use?? Or will it damage the rechargable
battery inside?
Any advice from you electronic guru's muchly appreciated!!!
BTW What is the "oily like substance" between the rubber keypad and the
circuit board?
I have seen this on another one I pulled apart recently which was playing up
so much I couldn't use it.
Thanks
Greetings From Downunder

That oily goo is the rubber slowly breaking down. I've had a number
of remotes and one cordless phone that suffer from the oily crap
syndrome. I end up popping them apart every 6 months and cleaning
them with alcohol and a rubber eraser.

As everyone else mentioned, if the plug fits, and you match the
polarity, voltage, and minimum current capability, it should work
fine.

-Chris