James Sweet

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message
Good point, I assumed the output was alternating current since he said it
was an "AC adapter", but now that I re-read the OP's note, it might have
been a reference to the input voltage source. I know many of these types

of
units generated AC output and did the rectification and additional

filtering
in the phone base itself.

Bob

An "AC adapter" is simply a device (wall wart or similar) that converts
household AC line voltage to whatever voltage the device requires, whether
that be AC or DC is irrelevant, it's still an AC adapter since it adapts the
AC line to the device.