ameijers

"127.0.0.1" loopy@localhost wrote in message
link.net...

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to DaddyMonkey :
ya gotta be kidding us, right?

Heh. I just replaced a tire on a trailer, my first experience.
Never again...

[I had little choice, since the wheel bolts were rust-frozen _solid_ and
I couldn't get the wheel off. The trailer was out in the boonies.]

Installation is about the same as removal. Two people, two pry-bars,

big
hammer... BUT WAIT!... you're going to need some rubber lubricate...
liquid soap will work just fine.

Wish I had thought of that. Fortunately, I didn't wreck the tire.

i use a small butane torch.
heat up the bolts and wrench off with ease.
and if they don't, turn up the heat and melt em off....

And if the lug bolts are that rusty, and it was sitting long enough for tire
to dry-rot, what made you think there was any grease left in wheel bearing?
Unless it was real old style where you can pull off dust cap and grease with
wheel in place, and you did grease it, you were lucky wheel didn't seize up
and fail catastropically at highway speed when you pulled it out of there.

Yet another reason I give trailers as wide a berth as possible on the road.

aem sends...