Wally Goffeney

On 07 Sep 2004 10:53:06 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

For shooting photos out of my own shop, I'm slowly running up on a need for a
method of viewing the shots more fully at the scene.

So I started checking used laptop prices, and keep running into a sort of price
settling at $700 ($699 plus shipping) to $800 ($799 plus shipping). Checking
these out, I find 6, 8, 10 or 12 gig hard drives, Pentium IIIs, max of 128 megs
of RAM, few details on USB, lots of CD readers and DVD readers, screens in the
12" range.

Charlie,

I would also suggest EBay. A few months ago I purchased a Thinkpad
PIII, 450 Mhz, 20GB HD and 512 MB RAM, with OS, carrying bag, Ethernet
card, etc. for under $400. Looking in Ebay history, the same computer
has sold for as low as $350 on occasion.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wgoffe...oodworking.htm