Terry

"Peter hawkins" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:04:36 +0100, Peter hawkins
wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Its just a pity, that US/Canadian
hinge stop would have been perfect !

Peter: I was thinking in terms of a piece of chain and two screw hooks, same
as we do, to not have our outside storm doors blow away. We put our doors on
a short leash when the midwinter Atlantic gales blow! We once had a fairly
lightweight aluminium/glass storm door blow back against the house and
smash. The imprint of its door handle was impressed into the pine lapboard
siding! So when I build a shed I make a wooden door storm door!
Metal chain a bit noisy even if contained within a piece of plastic sleeving
or a section of an old bicycle inner tube!
Plastic chain probably not strong enough?
If you could give me reference (or pix) to that Canadian 'hinge stop' I
could go into one of our local building supply/hardware stores during the
next few days and see if I can find one for you.
This is a small city area some 1000 miles from larger Canadian population
centres, here in the east but most things seem to be available and prices
much the same as rest of North America.. Let me know.
Terry, just north of St. John's, Provincial Capital of the Province of
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.