Lee Gordon

Charlie ...

eBay generally has hundreds (at least) of used laptops, some over-priced but
many pretty reasonable. Last year I needed a cheap laptop for off-site
audio recording. I found a used NEC laptop with a 6.4 GIG HD, 10+ inch
display, CD drive and USB port. It's only a 233MHz Pentium II but it cost
me only $233 and it serves my purposes just fine. I have also used it to
transfer and view pictures from my digital camera, although that is not why
I originally bought it.
Here's the search parameter I used:
http://search.ebay.com/laptop_W0QQfr...sortpropertyZ1

Just doing a cursory scan I see that as I was typing this, there was an IBM
Thinkpad with a 12.1 inch TFT display and a DVD drive that just went for
$299 and a working Toshiba Tecra with 12" screen that just sold for $41.
I'm sure you can find something sufficiently cheap.

Lee