Gary DeWitt

"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message ...
"Wally" wrote in message
Club Members:

We have great news to share!

You know you're ****ed when management opens with that line.

There must be hundreds of similar stories just in the lurkers of this
NG.
My wife worked for Cadam, a cad subsidiary of Lockheed, mid 80's.
Lockheed sold Cadam to a FRENCH aeronautics co, dassault systems,
which kept it going only long enough to sell bits of it to the highest
bidder.
Why would a company buy a company they don't want, and really are not
going to make a killing selling? I just don't get it.

The way I feel about Millwaukee, having used their excellent tools
over the last 35 years with NEVER a breakdown, is just sad.

Here's an idea: form up a Historical Society style group who's purpose
is to preserve american companies who make good products, especially
tools. Seems to me with enough legal clout and expertise, you can get
just about anything done here in the USA. Part of the expenses could
be covered by targeted companies' employees. Anyone have an opinion
about how this might work and save at least the last few holdouts
here?