Vincent Poy

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

Unfortunately if you keep digging in farther into the mech no
service center is going to want to touch the thing.

Yeah, this unit seems to be easier to mess up that Mitsubishi units
since taking it apart seems to be a lot harder.

Cheers,
Vince

It's been so long since I've been into one of these, I don't think I
have any more specific advice on disassembly.

Thanks for your effort as well as AW's. Got a question though. I noticed
the remote will power on the VCR but after it's on, it will not respond to
the remote unless I hit the TV/Video button or the channel up/down keys on
the VCR itself then it will respond. But if I used either the Play, Stop,
Pause, Rew/FFW, tracking +/- keys on the VCR which with the exception of
Stop, will all do a Play + Pause and then Play + Rew, I will need to hit
the TV/Video button or the channel up/down keys on the VCR itself before
the remote signals are understood by the VCR. If I take this in, do I need
to bring in the remote or can they service it by making it work again from
the buttons on the VCR?

Cheers,
Vince