patriarch

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in
:

I posted this earlier, but I was doing some computer work with a test
Netware server and I ended up getting a date of Jan.1, 2000 configured
on my computer, so that's what the posting went out as. So here I go
again.

I'm finishing a padauk table top and am using Varathane Diamond Wood
Finish, semi-gloss outdoor in the hopes of delaying the loss of color
of the padauk. The problem I'm having is the dry time. While it says
that drying times will vary, of course, I'm having trouble with it
still being tacky 12 or more hours later. I'm in Chicago, and the
humidity has been up and down the past couple of days, but I wouldn't
expect the drying time to be this long. The last coat was wiped on, so
I don't think it's a matter of putting down too much. Any ideas?

I was brushing the waterbased gloss this evening, and having the opposite
problem. It was curing too fast to be able to tip it off properly. We
were, however, likely still above the recommended temperature range for
application. I'm just not terribly patient. I want this project OFF MY
BENCH! There are more interesting things to do than wait for finish to
cure. So I'm guessing you're using the oil-based product...

BTW, I didn't think anyone used much Netware anymore. I haven't done a
server since about 1995, after having done maybe several hundred since
1983...

Patriarch