Todd Fatheree

Default Problem with Varathane?

I posted this earlier, but I was doing some computer work with a test
Netware server and I ended up getting a date of Jan.1, 2000 configured on my
computer, so that's what the posting went out as. So here I go again.

I'm finishing a padauk table top and am using Varathane Diamond Wood Finish,
semi-gloss outdoor in the hopes of delaying the loss of color of the padauk.
The problem I'm having is the dry time. While it says that drying times
will vary, of course, I'm having trouble with it still being tacky 12 or
more hours later. I'm in Chicago, and the humidity has been up and down the
past couple of days, but I wouldn't expect the drying time to be this long.
The last coat was wiped on, so I don't think it's a matter of putting down
too much. Any ideas?

todd