Don Foreman

Mary also quilts with a featherweight. Quilters do seem to love that
machine. Fitch has two of 'em.

Dr. Willy, the itinerant pretty-good sewingmachine repair and tuneup
guy, uses Tri-Flo -- in a little squeezebottle with a very finebore
tube rather than the spraycan. He does seem to know what he's doing,
surely knows far more than I do about sewing machines. He visits a
nearby fabric shop every other Thursday on his route. Other than
routine cleaning and lubrication, we entrust the care and tuning of
Mary's featherweights and 301's to Dr. Willy.

On 6 Sep 2004 20:12:03 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article AU4%c.2878$Q44.1498@trnddc09, Ivan Vegvary says...

I need to fill the bottom of my Juki sewing machine with oil (approx. 1
pint). Need it today (holiday) because my daughter is leaving for college
and I promised her that I would make a slip cover for her club chair.
Obviously, holiday and everybody is closed. Can I use the "way" oil that I
use on my milling machine and lathe (required metal content). Could I use
the "way" oil and then replace it later?

As you've correctly surmised, way oil is too viscous for this
application. FWIW Ms. Mulligan's singer featherweight gets lubed
with 5wt ATF on a regular basis. This does not impair the
apparent quality of the quilts produced.

Jim