Andy Hall

Default Garage / workshop inner walls

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:44:47 +0100, "Kris" wrote:

Any ideas to tart up the inner walls of a single concrete
block workshop ?
A coat of paint would be better than nothing but the blocks
are very coarse. I was thinking of something thicker to skim
or paint on, smoothing out the surface.
BTW I'm no good at plastering and a workshop doesn't
justify a prof. job.

Chris

I insulated mine.

First step was to fix 75 x 50mm studs, then Celotex between them (hint
- use 600mm centres or gaps so that one sheet can be ripped lengthwise
for two spaces).

I then attached 18mm ply, primed and painted white. This makes a
huge difference in that it can easily and economically be maintained
at room temperature while working and is dry. Things can easily be
fixed anywhere to the wall and it is a light place in which to work.

Well worth the investment.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl