Hamie

Owain wrote:
"Steve Walker" wrote
| Hi there, a question for the much-esteemed regs please.....
| Do the new regs for window replacement mean that DIY is
| effectively illegal now?
| (eg http://www.bexley.gov.uk/service/pla...l/windows.html )

DIY is not illegal, you just have to pay the council for a certificate.

This worries me...

I have an existing window, single glazed sash, that's pretty old & the
sashes are in pretty bad nick, but the frame oitself is fine. The fram
does have a problem in that it's been pushed back into the room by about
30mm and needs reseating...

If I do the work myself, remove the window frame, clean up the
brickwork, put it all back with new double glazed sashes (From copycat),
do I need to get it certified? (The house itself is 1890's and the sash
certainly looks old enough to be original).

TIA

Hamish.

Owain