Vincent Poy

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
This VCR doesn't have a jog wheel. If if was the FF button then
wouldn't it FF even in the stop position?

Cheers,
Vince

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

Sounds to me like the FF button or jog wheel may have a problem.
Seen things like this before.

Mark Z.

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
Vincent Poy wrote in
. 154:

"JVC dude" wrote in
:

Hi Vincent,
Is there a lot of light getting in through the top/side? these
decks have optic sensors and can be tripped into doing strange
modes with light otherwise sounds like a faulty switch contact
or something similar. when you say play button do you mean on
the set or the remote. ~Its possible the remote if someting was
spilt into it may do that. if its not related to the remote
then there may be a faulty switch on the front panel. its
certainly not a common problem. I presume you've unplugged and
plugged in again to reset the machine!

Other possible causes, dirty mode switch contacts, or poss
a capstan motor control fault , but that would be very rare.
its more likely to be one of the above.

hope this helps
AW

Hi AW:

Right now, there has to be a lot of light as I was trying to see
if things are working with the cover off but originally, the
cover was on when the problem happened. What is weird is that
randomly, it will decide to play a tape correctly. As for the
play button, I'm talking about the button on the front panel and
not the remote as I haven't used my remote in a few years. I've
already did the plug/unplug a few times just to make sure that
wasn't the problem. I'm just trying to figure out will this be a
expensive repair since I see a lot of repairers that aren't
factory authorized but don't most problems need a service manual
or will equipment tell them what is wrong? Since it seems lots
of places have a fixed labor rate but then you have to pay for
parts and I hope they don't randomly change out parts.

Cheers,
Vince

I just put the cover back on and the first play of the tape plays
normally but then the next play, it does the same Play + Fast
Forward mode again.

Cheers,
Vince

Does it have "search" buttons as distinguished from a plain "Fast
Forward" button? Some JVC's do.

After getting some sleep, I decided to try the remote as the guy at
studiosoundelectronics said it might be a bad switch in the front panel and
to try the remote which I did and the VCR is doing a Play Pause and then
Play Rewind mode from the front panel now and not the Play FFW anymore.
This was probably what you were saying earlier as well.

So here's a summary:

Now it's acting in a different way. From the actual VCR, when I press
Play, it'll do Play Pause and then Play Rewind. Even hitting Pause during
Play will do Play Pause then Play Rewind. Hitting Forward during Play will
do Play Pause and the Play Rewind. Ofcourse, the unit stays in Stop mode.
But from the remote, Play does work and all other functions does too. The
only thing is once I hit either Play, Pause, Rew/FFW on the actual unit
after having it in Play mode from the Remote, it will do the Play Pause and
then Play Rewind and then the VCR won't respond to the remote until I hit
the TV/Video button on the VCR. How do I get to the front panel and do I
need to replace the switch or do I just have to clean it?

Cheers,
Vince