Ned Simmons

In article AU4%c.2878$Q44.1498@trnddc09,
says...
I need to fill the bottom of my Juki sewing machine with oil (approx. 1
pint). Need it today (holiday) because my daughter is leaving for college
and I promised her that I would make a slip cover for her club chair.
Obviously, holiday and everybody is closed. Can I use the "way" oil that I
use on my milling machine and lathe (required metal content). Could I use
the "way" oil and then replace it later?

I'd use almost anything *but* way oil (well, maybe not
chainsaw bar oil eitherg)--it's way too heavy and the
additives that make it tacky tend to clog wicks and such. I
think spindle oil would be a pretty close match to sewing
machine oil. Light hydraulic oil, light turbine oil, or ATF
(though it does contain detergents), in that order IMO,
would be also be OK.

Ned Simmons