Stephen Hull

Default Glossing - Arghhhhh

In message
(Eric Cartman) wrote:

OK guys lots of votes on the spray enamel! I will get some for next
time, I have sprayed cars before so have more experience with spraying
than brushing anyway!

Just need to find a model shop now!

Cheers

EC

You cannot spray cellulose or acrylic type car paints over oil or
emulsion paints, You will get a solvent reaction that causes
bubbling/lifting because the solvents are incompatible.

You'll have to stick with a synthetic oil finish.

Beware of paints called enamels, They are tough yes, but they may not be
compatible with your existing synthetic paint structure, They are often
Acrylic bases or even cellulose.

Steve.

--
Vehicle Painting Pointers: