Gary H. Lucas

Speaking of notebooks. I carry a 3 x 5 notebook made by J. Darling Corp.,
Tacoma, WA, 253-922-5000 called "Rite in the Rain" It has polyethylene
covers and special treated paper that is water proof. The covers absolutely
do not tear off, and you can write on the paper while it is soaking wet.
They hold up extremely well riding around in my hip pocket all the time. I
date each one when I start using it. I then date it again when it is full.
I don't throw them away. In the front of each pad is my phone number list.
Each time I start a new notebook I transfer the list, removing numbers I no
longer need and alphabetizing the random numbers that accumulated from the
last list. This was very useful recently when I ran over my cell phone with
my van while out on the road! I find that the process of updating note
books also refreshes my own memory and insures that I get things done that I
have promised. I have them going back more than ten years now. My habit is
to NEVER write anything down somewhere else until I've written it down in my
notebook first. This way I never lose phone numbers or other important
data.

I consider a notebook a sign of a good manager. Managers that don't carry
and use a notebook are for the most part poor managers.

Gary H. Lucas

"Wayne Bengtsson" wrote in message
news

"Jason D." wrote in message
Just to make sense, making lists such as for example?

Well, a good one to start off with: every time you have to borrow a tool,
you write it down in you notebook. After the next paycheck, when you go

tool
shopping, you have a better idea exactly _what_ tools you need to be

looking
at.

Other stuff to scribble down:
Measurements.