Vincent Poy

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in news:2q3ccnFpvljgU1@uni-
berlin.de:

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
Just tried fastening the two screws on the green pcb on the right hand

side
of the idler motor and it didn't make a difference. So VCR's are pretty
standard in mechanisms used except the PCB circuitry in each one will be
different?

Mechanisms vary quite a bit but all have to do the same things - so
naturally there are many similarities as well. Some parts are made by the
same manufacturer - TDK for example made most of the full-erase heads and
audio / control heads used by the majority of manufacturers.

Mark Z.

mz

Interesting. I never knew TDK actually made parts. I thought they were
more of a company that makes media. I guess it's really the electronics
that differ between units as the mechanical parts seems easier to spot.

Cheers,
Vince