Lazarus Long

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:29:17 GMT, Glen wrote:

Here, sir, I must disagree, if only from anicdotal evidence. I can't
count the times I have talked tools with non-wooddorking friends and
co-workers who appear to have never heard of Delta (a faucet company?)
and Powermatic (don't they make the vegetable dicers that we see on the
infomercials?)

It can get worse. I've had discussions with co-workers who know full
well what a good tool is, know the brands, and still make a passionate
arguement in favor of the likes of Black & Decker and Craftsman as
being great tools. Their position is that 95% percent of tool buyers
can't afford and don't need "those overpriced luxury tools" ala
Milwaukee, Bosch, Porter-Cable, ect.

BUT - the times I've loaned one my good tools, my DeWalt jigsaw or my
PC RAS for example, they uniformy return it (in working order) and
report "WOW! that works great! So much better that my old Ryobi (or
Craftsman or other off brand).

The performance is the proof, but many people have yet to use a good
tool for the task at hand.