stuart noble

Sam wrote in message ...

"chris French" wrote in message
Removed a rad for redecorating. It's been loose for ages as a couple of
the fixing screws have come loose in their holes. Presumably I got a
joint when fixing it originally, also the plaster around the hole has
crumbled a bit.

I maybe able to relocate the hole a bit by moving the bracket slightly,
but I don't want to move the rad itself. I have used the expoy putty
before for plugging such a hole, but not sure it will work so well in

this
situation, ditto for hammering bit's of wood in

Any other suggestions for getting a better fixing - the wall is being
skimmed as well.
--

My strategy, which has never failed up to now, is to fill the hole with hot
melt glue and push in a rawlplug, then, at least the first time I did it,

I think it works particularly well because the hot glue flows into cavities
in the masonary and forms a plug better than other solutions.

Or use the biggest plug that'll fit tightly and fill that with a smaller
plug(s)