Vincent Poy

This VCR doesn't have a jog wheel. If if was the FF button then wouldn't
it FF even in the stop position?

Cheers,
Vince

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

Sounds to me like the FF button or jog wheel may have a problem. Seen
things like this before.

Mark Z.

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
Vincent Poy wrote in
. 154:

"JVC dude" wrote in
:

Hi Vincent,
Is there a lot of light getting in through the top/side? these
decks have optic sensors and can be tripped into doing strange
modes with light otherwise sounds like a faulty switch contact or
something similar. when you say play button do you mean on the set
or the remote. ~Its possible the remote if someting was spilt into
it may do that. if its not related to the remote then there may be
a faulty switch on the front panel. its certainly not a common
problem. I presume you've unplugged and plugged in again to reset
the machine!

Other possible causes, dirty mode switch contacts, or poss a
capstan motor control fault , but that would be very rare. its
more likely to be one of the above.

hope this helps
AW

Hi AW:

Right now, there has to be a lot of light as I was trying to see if
things are working with the cover off but originally, the cover was
on when the problem happened. What is weird is that randomly, it
will decide to play a tape correctly. As for the play button, I'm
talking about the button on the front panel and not the remote as I
haven't used my remote in a few years. I've already did the
plug/unplug a few times just to make sure that wasn't the problem.
I'm just trying to figure out will this be a expensive repair since
I see a lot of repairers that aren't factory authorized but don't
most problems need a service manual or will equipment tell them
what is wrong? Since it seems lots of places have a fixed labor
rate but then you have to pay for parts and I hope they don't
randomly change out parts.

Cheers,
Vince

I just put the cover back on and the first play of the tape plays
normally but then the next play, it does the same Play + Fast Forward
mode again.

Cheers,
Vince