Glen

Unisaw A100 wrote:
snip

You impression is correct. Among the brain dead who will
take the time to fill out a survey (1), it's not.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/new...asp?NewsID=419

(1) These are the same people we allow to vote for and
elect our elected officials making me think this whole idea
of democracy has a serious flaw and maybe a test wouldn't be
totally out of line.

UA100

Actually this survey makes perfect sense. If you ask Joe Homeowner, who
uses a tool once every few months, to name some tool brands, probably
the first (and in many cases only) brand name he'll come up with will be
Sears. When he goes to the mall with his wife he probably sees all
those cool toys and imagines them great, having no basis of comparison.
As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, few of the other
companies advertise at all to the mass media (Joe Howeowner doesn't read
FW, PW, AW or Wood Mag. to see the other ads).

Glen