AJ

chris French wrote:

Removed a rad for redecorating. It's been loose for ages as a couple of
the fixing screws have come loose in their holes. Presumably I got a
joint when fixing it originally, also the plaster around the hole has
crumbled a bit.

I maybe able to relocate the hole a bit by moving the bracket slightly,
but I don't want to move the rad itself. I have used the expoy putty
before for plugging such a hole, but not sure it will work so well in
this situation, ditto for hammering bit's of wood in

Any other suggestions for getting a better fixing - the wall is being
skimmed as well.

If it is brick/block/concrete try using a chemical anchor with a
threaded stud in it - it will be stronger than the wall it is fixed to.

Screwfix sell it as do most builders merchants (not usually found in DIY
stores)

This link shows you the range available

AJ