Tom Veatch

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 08:23:37 +0800, Old Nick wrote:

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:03:42 -0400, Wally vaguely
proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

like Ryobi Homelite

oh dear oh dear!

From my experience with chainsaws (Huskie) in particular, whenever a
good company teams up with a bad company, it foes downhill from there.
Economics is everything. That's how the merger happens.
************************************************* ****
the snappy ones are the best

Wasn't Homelite "A Textron Company" at one time?

My employer of 28 years was swallowed by a conglomerate and, like most things
that are eaten, turned to s**t. It was quite interesting to watch the upper
management being stripped of anyone who displayed any loyalty to the "old"
company and replaced with clones from the (censored) corporate offices who
seemed to know nothing about our products or processes except how to "improve"
them.

They finally cleaned out most of the residual loyalty in the middle managers and
first line supervision with a "voluntary termination" and retirement bonus that
amounted, in my case, to about a year's salary. I'm thoroughly enjoying
retirement from the "new" company, but do sort of miss the "old" company.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA