Silver Surfer

This is a 20" TV. Don't know if its CRT is vulnerable to the shorting
problem you mentioned or not.

It appears that the filament(s) is(are) not open; however with the socket
off the tube there is continuity from the filament (pins 9? and 10?) to pin
12. Doesn't look like pin 12 does much. Not sure why there is continuity
there.

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Silver Surfer" wrote in message
Well, the reason I'm fooling with this set is that it has become a

challenge
for me. Up to now it has given excellent service. Bought it back in

'91
for the bedroom so I would have something to occupy my time while

recovering
from old fashioned type gall bladder surgery.

I'm retired now, so there is time available to work on this beast. It

might
whip me, but not without a good fight.

Trouble is I'm an amateur tinkerer; however, I do know that the pros

hang
out on this board and are an enormous help to "shade tree" technicians

like
me. Thank goodness there are people like you out there who are willing

share their considerable knowledge and experience with the rest of us.

If it's a 25" it's entirely possible the CRT has shorted and taken

something
else out, guess it won't hurt to fiddle with it if you want though, just
beware dumping money into parts that may blow up in short order.