Gary Coffman

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:43:02 -0400, Artemia Salina wrote:
I know that adding idling motors into the circuit of a
rotary phase converter will effectively increase the
capacity of the converter, so the various motors do have
an effect on the 3 phase generation system. My question is,
will all of these different RPM motors adversely effect the
operation of the rotary converter or the quality of the
3 phase power it generates? I doubt I'll ever have both
machines running at the same time, but who knows.

No. The motors get their different speeds by having a
different number of active poles internally. Externally
they are all 60 Hz, so the idler won't know or care how
they're built internally.

Gary