Scott

I've used the stuff from Home Depot, the Behr texture that comes in 2
gallon buckets. This stuff is basically cement. It took about four
hours to put it on a 12x12 ceiling. The day before we primed it with
some heavy duty primer. That was 2 years ago and it still looks good.

If your ceiling isn't in the best shape, then I wouldn't use this
stuff. My parrents used this stuff about 20 years ago, and a few
weeks later it started to fall off.

There is a durrent thread in this group about thinned joint compound.
This would definately be lighter and easier on you ceiling.

"clevere" wrote in message ...
What's your take on textured paint...