superpac

HAVE THE PORTER CABLE COMBO, NO PROBLEMS, GOOD PRESSUE, LASTS A LONG TIME
BEFORE CYCLING ON, IE LESS LOUD RUN TIME. WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT.
ALSO GOT A GREAT DEAL LAST YEAR AT THE BORG. IF YOU CAN WAIT, AMAZON IS
ALSO AN EXCELLENT WAY TO GO. BOUGHT MY TABLE SAW FROM THEM. WHAT A
SAVINGS.

REMOVE REMOVE TO EMAIL

STEVE
"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
After manually installing baseboards in half my house and borrowing my
neighbor's nail gun/compressor for another quater, I'm ready to take the
plung and buy my own finish nailer. I looked around the local big box
stores and found a couple of good deals. HD has a Porter Cable "starter
kit" details below for $299:

Brad nailer kit (BN125A) Uses 18 gauge, 5/8" to 1-1/4" brad nails.
Finish-Nailer kit (FN250B) Uses 16 gauge, 3/4" to 2-1/2" finish nails.
Features include adjustable depth-of-drive, jam release mechanism and
non-marring nose tip, 10 Amp, 120 VAC, 2 Peak HP motor, Oil-free design
for less maintenance, Ability to run on standard household current. 3.7
SCFM @ 40 PSI - 2.6 SCFM @ 90 PSI.

And Lowes has a (suspiciously) similar Bostitch kit for $299, details

below:

Depth adjustment
Sequential trip trigger
2 HP, 6 gallon compressor
1-1/2" 16 gauge finish nailer kit
15/8" 18 gauge brad nailer kit
Includes hose and all required fittings
70 to 120 psi required to operate tool

My question is should I just toss a coin? Who is the better
manufacturer? Which one is of a better quality? I see a definite
possibility of renting/buying a framing nailer to build a shed next
summer, would that make a difference in the recommendation?

Thanks,
Mark