George

How about this argument for a slow speed - lathe tools aren't the only
things you'll grind on the beast. Think of your plane and shave irons,
knives, carving tools, etc.

"Bruce Ferguson" wrote in message
I don't understand how a useing a faster grinder will make grinding time

any
faster?

"billh" wrote in message
No, Oneway recommends a 3450 RPM grinder. They had a reason for it but I
can't remember it.

"Dan Kozar" wrote in message
In article ,

"Walker" wrote:

I recently purchased the Wolverine grinding jig to go with my

existing
grinder that runs at 3450. From all the reading I've done in this

group,
it
is recommended to sharpen tools on a slow speed (1750) grinder.

Seems
its
easy to get a tool too hot and ruin the tempering if sharpened at

3450.