T i m

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 22:45:32 GMT, EricP
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 22:20:40 GMT, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

My Brother in law is looking for a PC based package for assisting with
plans / drawings for his lab refits and general building work.

Any *good* packages come to mind (he's willing to spend some money on
a decent PC and package for this), maybe something that would provide
a modular breakdown to provide pricing (benches / services etc).

3D view would be nice (to give customers a better feeling for the
final look).

If he finds something, maybe I can get the Roland pen plotter out of
my garage .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

This is the sort of thing that is about.
Most US based.

http://www.qualityplans.com/Chief_Architect.htm

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that. Well that's a pretty comprehensive tool isn't it. One
thing I didn't spot is the ability to handle water services (it
mentions electrics)? I don't think he would be put off by the price
(if it was good, tested and being used by folk everywhere etc) and
although not a PC person as such has been using one for doing his
'books' / accessing the net, digi photos etc for a while so is on the
way (with a little help from me on the way) ;-)

Do you use 'Chief' Eric (or know someone who does?)

My BIL did have a Google about and found (and in some cases
downloaded) some packages but how do you know what's a 'goodun'?

All the best ..

T i m