Silver Surfer

Well, the reason I'm fooling with this set is that it has become a challenge
for me. Up to now it has given excellent service. Bought it back in '91
for the bedroom so I would have something to occupy my time while recovering
from old fashioned type gall bladder surgery.

I'm retired now, so there is time available to work on this beast. It might
whip me, but not without a good fight.

Trouble is I'm an amateur tinkerer; however, I do know that the pros hang
out on this board and are an enormous help to "shade tree" technicians like
me. Thank goodness there are people like you out there who are willing to
share their considerable knowledge and experience with the rest of us.

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Silver Surfer" wrote in message
Sorry for my ignorance on this subject, but what does EHT stand for? I
think I know that HOT stands for horizontal output transistor, but EHT

has
me stumped. Thanks.

EHT = extremely high tension, high voltage, HV, etc. You said the set is a
Zenith though which immediately says don't spend too much time/effort on

the
thing. Is this one of the direct view sets that usually gets a bad CRT?