Brad Bruce

Jay Pique wrote:
I'm thinking of how I'm going to transport my finished cabinetry once
it's ready to install. An old U-Haul truck would be nice I guess, but
I'm concerned about the cost of keeping up, insuring and driving a
full-on cube truck. What I am wondering is if a large (TALL) enclosed
trailer would suit my needs?

I'd like to have it equipped with a full set - and I mean 100%
complete - of tools necessary to install the cabinets and
architectural woodworking I plan on building. At the shop I *was*
working, it is a gigantic cluster**** whenever we'd go to an install,
running around grabbing a tool here and a tool there and then not
having what we need and spending precious manhours taxiing back and
forth to the shop.

Anyone have any experience with this?

JP
********************
Semi-skilled cabinetmaker looking for a high-end custom cabinetry shop
to work at. I bring my own hand tools and measuring devices and I'm
ready to learn. During the day I'll bust my ass to get done what
needs to be done, and at night I'd like access to the shop to hone my
skills on my own projects and to teach myself how to read blueprints.
Email me if you're looking for this type of employee.

1. Do you have all the tools currently?
If so; how much space do they take up?

2. You might want to call around for a custom trailer manufacturer.
That way you'll be able to store all of the tools and each will have its
place.

3. Having access to the tools from the outside (flip up doored bins) can
make life easier. You'll need good locks on them unless you store it in
a secured area.

4. If the trailer is too big, it becomes difficult to manuever.

5. Hire a good sign painter to paint your business info on the BACK and
sides of the trailer

Brad