Alan Sadler

I haven't checked the many other replies in the thread, so this may
have been covered already. Starret's been around since 1880. Many of
the tools a woodworker might use are readily available used. While
some may be damaged and unusable, most were owned and cared for by
machinists whose living depended on their accuracy. Many of the used
Starrett tools I own have long outlived their original owners.

Most machinists' tools were made to measure .001" or less. Even if
not quite so percise, I don't know of too many woodworkers more
accurate than .01".

While they were certianly expensive when purchased new (as now) their
current value can greatly exceed the current cost on the used (or
previously owned) market.

Alan