Mike at American Sycamore

Jay Pique wrote in message . ..
I'd love to source all of my precision measuring devices from
Starrett, but at double and triple the price of almost identical tools
from overseas I'm having a tough time mustering up enough patriotism
to justify the additional cash outlay.

I'll be honest, I *trust* Starrett, and I'd like to use their products
where I can in the shop - not only for the whole "buy American" thing,
but for the peace of mind that comes from knowing that I can eliminate
measuring errors from the list of causes of my myriad ****ups. Anyone
have any experience negotiating directly with Starrett to get more
competitive pricing? Just wondering...

Oh yeah - it looks like Lee Valley is making straightedges now. A
four or six footer would sure be nice for the jointer... Dad's a
Canuck so I guess I can feel ok buying (and buying, and buying...)
from them!!

JP
NAFTA friendly.

I have had good luck at the Pawn Shops finding deals on Starrett.
Mike